5 Signs You're Having Too Many Meetings & How To Fix That - Liv.it

5 Signs You’re Having Too Many Meetings & How To Fix That

Are you having too many meetings?

Do you feel like your workdays are filled with back-to-back meetings, leaving you with little time to actually get work done? If so, you’re not alone. Many founders, entrepreneurs, and professionals find themselves drowning in meetings, which can be a major drain on productivity and morale.

You waste a lot of time at work

According to a study by Atlassian, the average employee spends 31 hours in unproductive meetings over a month. That’s almost four workdays wasted! If you find yourself constantly attending meetings that don’t seem to accomplish much, it’s time to take a step back and evaluate your schedule. 

Here are 5 signs that you’re having too many meetings:

  1. You’re Spending More Time in Meetings Than on Your Actual Work

If you find that you’re spending more time in meetings than on your actual work, it’s a clear sign that you’re having too many meetings. You may feel like you’re being productive by attending meetings, but if you’re not getting your actual work done, you’re not being productive at all.

  1. You’re Not Getting Anything Done in Meetings

If you’re attending meetings where nothing gets done, it’s a clear sign that you’re having too many meetings. If your meetings don’t have a goal, an agenda and clear action points with direct responsibles and deadlines, They’re a waste of time for everyone involved.

  1. You’re Feeling Burnt Out

If you’re feeling burnt out and exhausted, it could be a hint that you’re having too many meetings. Meetings can be mentally exhausting, and if you’re attending too many (and need to work overtime to get actual work done), it can take a toll on your overall well-being.

  1. You’re Attending Meetings That Aren’t Relevant to You

If you find yourself attending meetings that aren’t relevant to your work, you’re also probably having too many meetings. When matters discussed are barely adjacent to your work, that meeting should’ve 100% been an email. Attending irrelevant meetings takes time away from the work that you need to be doing.

  1. You’re Not Able to Attend to Your Other Responsibilities

If you find that you’re not able to attend to your other responsibilities because you’re always in meetings, it’s a clear sign that should get rid of some of them. Meetings should be a part of your workday, but they shouldn’t be the only thing that you’re doing.

So, what can you do if you’re experiencing any of these signs? The answer is simple: you need fewer, better meetings. That’s where the “Fewer, Better Meetings” training course comes in. In this course, you’ll learn how to stop wasting time, get rid of 80%+ of your meetings and replace them with meaningful work that moves the needle. You’ll also learn how to plan, organize and facilitate the remaining 20%, so when you do decide to have meetings, they are rare, short and effective.

The course is led by Lavinia Iosub, founder of Livit Hub Bali & Remote Skills Academy, and a future of work advocate. If you’re tired of having too many meetings and want to make your time more productive, this course is for you. It starts on April 10th, 2023. Sign up today and start making your workday more efficient and enjoyable.

Marketing Livit

Do you want the latest Future of Work articles straight into your inbox?

Related Articles

Startups Created in Bali at Project Getaway
At Livit, we are extremely dedicated to providing the highest level of support to our fellow entrepreneurs to help establish a healthy business. From administrative ...
Read More
‘Livit gives us peace of mind’: Meet long-term Hub members Stewart Gauld and Emma Garrett
‘Livit gives us peace of mind’: Meet long-term Livit Hub members Stewart Gauld and Emma Garrett
Discover how New Zealand entrepreneurs Stewart Gauld and Emma Garrett found peace of mind and productivity at Livit Hub in Bali. Learn how they utilized ...
Read More
Want to support a greener, more inclusive Bali? Here’s how.
Discover how to support a more sustainable and inclusive Bali. Dive into a curated list of organizations, startups, and initiatives at the forefront of green ...
Read More
Do you want the latest Future of Work articles straight into your inbox?
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Events and other projects we care about and partner with.
Email us for discount codes and special deals!

Work from Bali

Forget working from home. Experience a remote work dream at Livit Hub Bali.
Come and work from Bali with us!